Ghana Kumasi Mission

"Be thou an example of the Believers..."
1 timothy 4:12

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Different Kind of Happiness March 23 2015


Hey Fam!

So first off, here are some previous baptism pics. I will be baptizing Bright this Sunday. He just needs a special interview. His would have been this Sunday but now it is delayed just a little.





I’ll be fasting for the family.  I cant imagine how you must feel at times like these being the dad. I just know you're strong dad. Honestly with everything that has gone on, I feel like most dads would have just kind of given up. But you are not at all like most dads. Honestly. I know heavenly father is helping you as well. Just keep being strong. We all NEED you to. I love you so much dad. The memories I have of us two, are amazing, and I wish I would have made more while I was home, but when I get home I feel me and you are going to be BEST friends. I cannot tell you how badly I just want to go on a fishing trip with just me and my dad, and just talk about everything. I just feel dad that no matter what happens, everything is going to be alright.

The scripture you shared, [Alma 48:17-18] I actually just re read it. I love it. I want to be like him so badly. He is truly a man of God, and he is trusted with so much because of that. You're a lot like him. A leader, and you have been trusted with this great calling, and you have been given an amazing family to provide for. In my patriarchal blessing, it talks about how I was sent to a very dedicated family, and I know that what my blessing says is true. You and mom are so dedicated, and it is the best example to me. So thanks. How is your calling going by the way? Also, Pres. Cosgrave just wrote me...kind of cool :). 

Tenny that is so soo cute that coco and your pup have a cute relationship. I am happy coco is nice like that, and the dress is so pretty! haha momo im sorry you had to get your blood drawn again. HA i hope you don’t have mono. If you do you can just join the club ;) its no fun, but up until now it hasn’t affected me at all. And good job with your grades! That is so cool. Im happy for you. :) haha and ya mom I love that you are the most caring mom. You have always taken the greatest care of all of us kids. So thanks so much.

This week was so good. Dad recently I have felt a different kind of happiness, one that I haven’t felt before. and I know its coming from the work. I have just felt an urgency to get out and work and just talk to everyone, and teach everyone. I know its hitting me a little late, but I love that I am feeling this way. I have been learning a lot lately, and I know its been from the holy spirit enlightening me. I can feel it sometimes just teaching me. I realize things I never have before, and I realize them in ways that are not really like me. So I know I am being helped. Its so cool, and I have been thinking about my mission a lot, and I have also realized and felt that serving a mission is honestly the best decision I have ever made. It is such an amazing thing.

And momo, when you said that you had sort of thought about serving a mission I got so excited. It would be the best decision you have made. I promise. Well family, thank you for being here for me. I love you all so much. Keep being amazing and I love hearing from you. love ya love ya love ya.


-elder madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment