Ghana Kumasi Mission

"Be thou an example of the Believers..."
1 timothy 4:12

Monday, August 11, 2014

Teaching is Fun!

Oooohhh lets go onn a hike! Up to the highest heights! Lets go on a hike and go explorrriiinngg! I'm going a hike today if you couldnt tell. Sorry no pics this week sorry sorry sorry! 

So some experiences. Teaching at first was scary, but now its getting fun even. Now its becoming more about having the people realize the importance of the gospel and how much it can help their family. I walked into a house yesterday and the guy we were teaching had the cutest family, and I just thought about how amazing it would be if we could help these little kids grow up in the gospel. 

We taught one member who hasnt been coming to church every week and he has been struggling financially. He is the sweetest guy. He just opened up and said how much he has been working and really trying to make ends meet. All of a sudden I had an impression to talk about tithing and the blessings that come from it. So we talked about that and the importance of church attendance. He came the next Sunday and he has been doing a lot better. We visited him and we were just talking to him, and then he had us take like 30 oranges home. We said we couldnt take them but he didnt take no for an answer, and he is still doing somewhat bad financially. And he sells these oranges! It just showed me how sweet and humble these people are. Its crazy. 

We are also teaching this guy right now named Elvis. On the second visit he told us he was in first Nephi ch 15. We were so happy! He is progressing like crazy and he wants to join already. I taught a guy yesterday who just saw the church and came to it, all he wants is to please Heavenly Father. Anything we teach he says he'll do it and keep all the commandments. He's been to church like 3 or 4 times now. Such amazing people! 

So a couple things this week. There was an ebola outbreak in some missions in Africa and the missions had to be shut down. The missionaries are now being moved to my mission, so if ebola gets here I'll be serving the rest of my mission probably outside of Africa. crazy crazy stuff. Also I was able to try some sugar cane, its like a stick and you peel back the harder outside and then you chew the center and its super sweet. Also my comp and I might buy these huge snails and eat them, he knows how to make them. I'll send pics. Till next week!
love, "elda martin"



No comments:

Post a Comment