Ghana Kumasi Mission

"Be thou an example of the Believers..."
1 timothy 4:12

Monday, August 4, 2014

Be An Example

HHHHHHEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY  FFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!! 

No pics this week sorry, the cafe I'm at doesnt allow usb stuff. So to start off, a little about my week. Two cray cray things:
1. I got in a car crash! he he crazy. It wasn't bad at all though. I was in a tro tro (van/bus) and a taxi just got the side a little bit. No one was hurt or anything. 
2. I SAW MY FIRST MONKEY IN AFRICA!! He is so cute. I see him every day now because these guys bought him and he just stays outside on a chain...i got about a foot away from him today. He is SO cute!

So a couple other things. we were teaching this guy and it started raining. A lot. So we moved under this roof type thing and it started raining so hard, it got to be so loud that we couldnt hear each other as we were yelling. It was pretty funny and I almost started laughing as we were teaching. Speaking of teaching, I'm getting so comfortable with talking to random people and just teaching. I also gave a little talk at a baptism. It was pretty dang scary though! haha.

So I see a couple of white people now and then in town, and when I see them I do kind of a double take like, "what the heck are they doing here?" and then i realize thats how everyone is with me. Kinda funny. I went to my first funeral here, and let me tell you they are not like home. They sing and dance and there is food and its kinda crazy. The music is so so loud and really upbeat. So when they invited people out to dance, not a lot of people got up but i thought, "hey, its my first funeral...why not?". So me and a couple other guys got up and went out to dance. Now there are a ton of people sitting down around the center where the dancing happens, so when I got up to dance, as I made my way to the center people just started cheering. Haha it was awesome! And then they kinda started laughing and cheering because the broni was dancing. It was so fun though. After the dance bishops wife said, "obroni, this is Ghana for you!" haha it was so awesome. 

So for family night, talk about how being an example is so important! Read 1st timothy 4:12 and any other scripture you would like. Family, this is one of the biggest reasons I'm out here, because of the example that random guy set for me when he prayed before every meal (at the medical test thing). He is the reason I ultimately decided to come out here. It's so important! Also read more over the Christlike attributes, see what you can improve. Read Ether 12: 27 (I think, its about weaknesses) if we humble ourselves we will know what areas we are weak in, and then we will be helped with improving. 

My sisters, let me tell you something right now. Work as hard as you can in school, you have no idea how much your education means! Seriously, just do as well as you can. One of my absolute biggest regrets is not doing well in high school, I wish I would have tried harder. We are even asked to gain as much education as we can in this life. Speaking of which dad, I want to know what kind of knowledge will benefit us as far as the after life goes. 

I think thats about it for this week, I love you so so much family. Please keep up the challenges, it helps knowing that you guys are working hard with me. love you all! I'll try to send more pictures next week. Love you all! Bye bye bye, have a group hug for me. Tell michael and my biological brother to write me, it would be good to hear from them. ok. bye. love you

P.S. So one other thing, when i introduce myself, the way As and Rs are pronounced here is different from home. So when I say madsen they think I'm saying martin. Just say madsen normally and think of it as martin. It's weird how much it sounds like your saying martin with an accent. looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee yyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll. If i hold the monkey I'll send a picture of it. bye bye. Please keep up on your challenges! please! It helps. Also I killed my first cockroach this week, so that was fun, and i caught a gecko. One more thing, I keep realizing more and more why I'm out here. I'm realizing more and more the importance and reason of things like church attendance and scripture study and pretty much with all gospel related things. I love it. k. love you family! So much! hug hug, kiss kiss little hug, big kiss, kiss kiss little kiss. little hug. name that movie! bye bye!

-elder madsen aka martin

No comments:

Post a Comment