Ghana Kumasi Mission

"Be thou an example of the Believers..."
1 timothy 4:12

Monday, July 7, 2014

"I'm not in Kansas anymore..."

Hey fam!

So I decided Id start out with a lil bad and then move to the good. So first off...the mornings are so bad. I just wake up and remember that I'm 1 million miles from home. But then my day continues and I start to get happy again. Sometimes I feel like im getting depressed but then I'm like, wait...that's not Chase! So I buck up and start focusing on what I'm doing and it makes me way happier. So don't worry. I'm sad sometimes but it passes, and I'm not depressed and I never will be. That just cant be me.

Your letters help a lot. But I don't have a ton of time so if they could be a little shorter that would be awesome. Not saying I don't love them cuz i do. I just have a ton to do. I don't even have time to send photos ever. I don't know how other missionaries do it.

Anyway, first off I got to bless a little girl. She's been sick and I got to help, so that was awesome.  Second is SOMEONE TRIED TO PICKPOCKET ME! scariest thing in my life. We were in town and its crazy crowded there. What they'll do is lightly brush your back pockets to see if there is anything in there. Thank goodness my back pocket has buttons on it. I could feel them trying to get into my pocket for my wallet and I kinda turned my head and they stopped. And then they tried AGAIN. So I turned around more and they didn't try again. crazy. Another thing is the girls here are so funny. Girls my age will ask if I'll take them back with me when I go home. I don't really know how to respond.

So the people here are amazing. When we teach certain people they get a little defensive because we believe different things, but when we ask them to pray at the end they pray for us and that our message about God will be heard. Literally everyone does and all they want is for everyone to know the truth. It's so cool. Also some advice for Bridger...study preach my gospel as much as you can. Memorize the  concepts like crazy and then teach it in your own words. Please do it man, it'll help a ton I promise.

And now this is just for the kids. Sisters and bro, we have the best parents of all time. Seriously. Cherish all the moments you have with them and listen to them. Dad is unbelievably smart and my Momma is the most loving mom ever. They really do know what's best so listen to them. Challenge from Chase: if they ask you to do something...just do it. Please. They really are amazing and I realize now everything I took for granted.

A cool quote from my mission pres., "If by the end of your mission you can say you've become more Christ like, your mission has been a complete success".  I thought that was pretty cool and it gave me hope. I was going to say that so far my testimony and love for the church has grown so much, and if that's the only thing that I get from my mission, then it'll be worth it.
love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment